We are excited to announce that we will be resuming our training sessions starting on July 20th, 2020 at our outdoor Burnaby Central facility. We greatly appreciate your patience and understanding these past few months, as the priority was to ensure health & safety of all of our members, coaches and community. After extensive discussions and review with the City of Burnaby, BC Athletics and all associated governing bodies, we are confident we will be able to restart outdoor training activities for our athletes in a safe and responsible manner. Although all formal track & field competition is cancelled for the season, Burnaby Striders encourages our athletes to remain active through the balance of the summer.
There are a few critical steps that you need to take, before rejoining us on July 20th. An email would have been sent out last week with a MANDATORY requirement to complete before you/your athlete is permitted to attend practice. This relates to:
- Informed Consent & Assumption of Risk Agreement
- Release of Liability
- Waiver of Claims & Indemnity Agreement
- Covid-19 Questionnaire, Attestation, Participant Agreement and Contact Tracing Information
If you or your athlete choose to return to training, please note that the following will apply at all sessions and will be enforced by our coaches. We would greatly appreciate your extra cooperation, as these are extraordinary times. Please note the following:
- Participant MUST complete the above mentioned Consent & Attestations before being allowed to train.
- Participant will be asked a pre-screening “Athlete Check-In Questionnaire” and will let the coaches know if they have experienced any of the symptoms in the last 14 days.
- Participant agree to stay home if feeling sick and remain home for 14 days if experiencing COVID-19 symptoms.
- Participant agrees to sanitize their hands upon entering and exiting the facility, with soap & water or sanitizer.
- Participant agrees to sanitize the equipment (shared and personal equipment) they use throughout their practice with approved cleaning products provided by the club/training group.
- Participant agrees to continue to follow social distancing protocols of staying at least 2m away from others.
- Participant agrees to not share any equipment during practice times.
- Participant agrees to abide by all of their Clubs/Training Group COVID-19 Policies and Guidelines.
- Participant understands that if they do not abide by the aforementioned policies/guidelines that they may be asked to leave the club/training group for up to 14 days to help protect the participant and others around them.
- Participant acknowledges that continued abuse of the policies and/or guidelines may result in the temporary suspension of their club membership.
- Participant acknowledges that there are risks associated with entering training facilities and/or participating in club/training group activities, and that the measures taken by the club/training group and participants, including those set out above and under the COVID-19 Response Plan and Return to Sport Protocols, will not entirely eliminate those risks.
Practices will be held Monday-Thursday from 6:00 – 8:30pm at Burnaby Central (6011 Deer Lake Pkwy, Burnaby, BC) until Thursday, October 1, 2020. Thereafter, we will be reviewing our indoor contract with the City to better understand what our Fall indoor training schedule will look like, so further updates to follow on that.
We understand these are difficult times, but have been encouraged to see our local communities come together and take the necessary steps to getting “back to business”. We look forward to seeing everyone again, in a safe and responsible manner. Please do take the time to reference the supporting material below. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to let us know. Hope to see you all out soon!
Additional Resources & Links can be found below:
Burnaby Striders Return to Training
Burnaby Striders COVID-19 Safety Plan
BC Athletics Return To Training Addendum
Athletics Canada’s Back on Track Guidelines
ViaSport Return to Sport Guidelines
BC COVID-19 Self-Assessment Tool