Club membership fees are a combination of Annual fees for the athlete and volunteer hours by parents. Membership will NOT be granted until full membership payment and a separate post-dated cheque (dated: December 1, 2018), for volunteer commitment have both been received. Your volunteer post-dated cheque can be handed in to your coach at any Club practice.
Click here for the latest on club membership fees and volunteer requirements, or review details below.
Registration Questions: Registration@BurnabyStriders.ca
General Information: info@BurnabyStriders.ca
Club Membership Fees*
AGE (Years) CATEGORY Club Membership Fee
9 – 13 Junior Development $300.00 (annual)
14 – 15 Midget $365.00 (annual)
16 – 17 Youth $385.00 (annual)
18 – 19 Junior $385.00 (annual)
20 – 34 Senior $385.00 (annual)
35+ Masters $310.00 (annual)
NOTE: Membership acceptance is dependent on event coach approval.
* IMPORTANT: Memberships will NOT be granted until a post‐dated cheque (December 1, 2018) for volunteer commitment is received ($100 for Competitive Athletes (10 hours)). Your volunteer deposit cheques can be handed in at any Club practice to one of the Coaches. Athletes will not be covered by BC Athletics Liability and Sport Injury/Accident Insurance until Membership is granted and will not be allowed to attend practice.
What is Included:
1. Annual membership with BC Athletics (Competitive and Non‐Competitive). Required for entry into track and field competitions, championship meets, selection for provincial teams and awards, liability insurance coverage, etc. For full details, please visit BC Athletics Membership page and look under “individual” then “Membership FAQs” for more detailed information on the differences between Competitive and Non‐Competitive memberships. A list of businesses that currently give BC Athletics members up to 10% off any purchases is also found here. Note that Non‐Competitive Membership covers BC athletics membership for training only ‐ not competitive events. Non‐Competitive members can enter BC Athletics sanctioned events but will need to purchase a $3.00 Day of Event membership to cover insurance for the event.
2. Access to club workouts led by club coaches.
3. Coach support at specific meets.
There will be a $10 service fee charged to you for NSF cheques.
1. Full refund minus BC Athletics fee within 2 weeks of payment.
2. 50% of fees minus BC Athletics fee within 30 days of payment.
3. No refunds permitted after 30 days of payment.
Member/Parent participation in the club’s activities helps to build a strong community among our club families, as well as a robust and growing organization. Our club cannot continue to provide the opportunities for athletes that we have been offering unless we have the support of many people. Your help is required for workouts, coaching, track meets, and support to athletes in many ways.
What is Required?
Each family (regardless of the number of club memberships within one family) is expected to participate by volunteering 10 adult hours depending on membership type.
A cheque post‐dated for December 1, 2018 made payable to Burnaby Striders Track and Field Club for $100 for Competitive Athletes (10 hours) must be submitted to the club with membership payment. Club and BC Athletics Membership will not be granted until it is received and the athlete will not be covered by BC Athletics Liability and Sport Injury/Accident Insurance until the BC Athletics membership is approved.
As volunteer help is needed, families will be provided the opportunity to put in their hours of volunteer time. For those families who complete their hours by November 30, 2017 the full amount of their volunteer payment will be refunded.
For families not completing the required hours, the club will assume that you have donated the funds in order for us to hire the help necessary to complete the tasks required. Families are responsible for tracking their own volunteer hours. A club coach or board of director member must sign off all volunteer activities at the time of completion. On completion of the hours of volunteer time, the club will return their deposit cheque, along with our sincere thanks for your support.