Starting in 2019, the $100 post-dated Volunteer Cheque will no longer be required for membership sign up. Registration will consist only of the regular Club membership fees, as outlined below.
Registration Questions: Registration@BurnabyStriders.ca
General Information: info@BurnabyStriders.ca
Club Membership Fees (starting Jan 1, 2019)
AGE (Years) CATEGORY Club Membership Fee
9 – 13 Junior Development $350.00 (annual)
14 – 15 Midget $415.00 (annual)
16 – 17 Youth $435.00 (annual)
18 – 19 Junior $435.00 (annual)
20 – 34 Senior $435.00 (annual)
35+ Masters $360.00 (annual)
NOTE: Membership acceptance is dependent on event coach approval.
Athletes will not be covered by BC Athletics Liability and Sport Injury/Accident Insurance until Membership is granted and will not be allowed to attend practice.
What is Included:
1. Annual membership with BC Athletics (Competitive and Non‐Competitive). Required for entry into track and field competitions, championship meets, selection for provincial teams and awards, liability insurance coverage, etc. For full details, please visit BC Athletics Membership page and look under “individual” then “Membership FAQs” for more detailed information on the differences between Competitive and Non‐Competitive memberships. A list of businesses that currently give BC Athletics members up to 10% off any purchases is also found here. Note that Non‐Competitive Membership covers BC athletics membership for training only ‐ not competitive events. Non‐Competitive members can enter BC Athletics sanctioned events but will need to purchase a $3.00 Day of Event membership to cover insurance for the event.
2. Access to club workouts led by club coaches.
3. Coach support at specific meets.
1. Full refund minus BC Athletics fee within 2 weeks of payment.
2. 50% of fees minus BC Athletics fee within 30 days of payment.
3. No refunds permitted after 30 days of payment.
Member/Parent participation in the club’s activities helps to build a strong community among our club families, as well as a robust and growing organization. Our club cannot continue to provide the opportunities for athletes that we have been offering unless we have the support of many people. We are always looking for help at team practices, track meets, and other support avenues. Please let the coaches know what volunteer capacity you have.