Due to the COVID-19 pandemic BC Athletics will be cancelling the 2021 Junior Development Pentathlon Championships and Junior Development Track & Field Championships. In their place, they are introducing the Junior Development Regional Track & Field Challenge!
Bringing young athletes together, these fun competitions will be comprised of 6 events:
- 60m/80m Hurdles
- Long Jump
- Shot Put
Come out and Run/Wheel, Jump, & Throw with other JD athletes in your region. Plus, the top age group performer in each region will be eligible for a Grand Prize!
All able-bodied and para athletes with a current BC Athletics Junior Development Training or Competitive membership may participate.
Burnaby Striders athletes are part of Zone 4 and event is held on July 17, 2021. Hosted by Valley Royals and held at the Rotary Stadium in Abbotsford. Registration deadline is July 15, 2021. Please click here to register at Trackie. Meet entry fees are not covered by Burnaby Striders and are paid by each athlete. You can visit BC Athletics for more information.
For the U16 and above athletes, BC Athletics has announced the 2021 Event Group Challenges (in lieu of the Provincial Championship Jamboree) on July 17-18, 2021 (COMBINED EVENTS) and July 24-25, 2021 (ALL OTHER EVENTS). You can look forward to the following events (including para):
- COMBINED EVENTS – Hosted by: Okanagan Athletic Club, Apple Bowl Stadium
- SPRINTS/JUMPS/HURDLES/WHEELCHAIR RACING – Hosted by: Langley Mustangs, McLeod Stadium
- ENDURANCE – Hosted by: Prairie Inn Harriers, Centennial Stadium, University of Victoria
- THROWS – Hosted by: Kamloops Track and Field Club, Hillside Stadium
- COMBINED EVENTS: http://www.trackiereg.com/combinedevents2021
- SPRINTS/JUMPS/WHEELCHAIR RACING: Register here at Trackie
- ENDURANCE: BC Endurance Challenge Online Registration | TrackieReg
- THROWS: BCA Events Group Challenge Throws Online Registration | TrackieReg
Choose your favourite events, and get ready to race, jump, throw or wheel. We can’t wait to see you out there! For more information, please visit BC Athletics.
Membership Variance for 2021 approved by the BC Athletics Board of Directors
These events will be open to athletes aged 14 – Senior, who either hold a BC Athletics Training or Competitive Membership. Only those athletes with a BC Athletics Competitive membership are eligible for results to be recorded for Provincial and National rankings. Those athletes with a Training membership are still eligible to participate with the purchase of a Day of Event Membership (no results will be recorded by BC Athletics).